I’m so excited to participate in the 2014 Book Blogger Love-A-Thon! Let’s get started!
1. How did you come up with your blog name?
I came up with The Canon during my freshman year of college. My English professors always stressed the importance of the canon, which they loosely defined as the standard works of literature we would be studying. To me, it became the ultimate reading list, which became my inspiration for this blog.
2. What genre/subject matter do you read and review the most on your blog?
I love books of all kinds! Fiction, memoir, young adult, classic…you name it, I’ll try it! I tend to lean more towards books with romance or elements of mystery. My favorite novels combine the two!
3. Name three books you’re excited for in 2014!
1. Landline by Rainbow Rowell
2. Winter by Marissa Meyer
3. The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkossi
4. Where in the world are you blogging from?
5. Tell us — how did you get into blogging in the first place?
I honestly stumbled into blogging. Originally, I intended to write a completely different kind of blog (something along the lines of Waiter Rant – check out his older stuff, it’s hilarious!) but after some time, I realized that might not be the best idea. I still wanted to write a blog, so my family encouraged me to write about what I loved – books. Once I did, there was no turning back. The Canon was born!
6. Apart from reading, what other hobbies/interests do you have?
I love food. I love cooking, eating out, eating in, picnics. Making dinner every night has become my therapy of sorts, and dessert is a must! I have a teeny, tiny (read – major) makeup/beauty love. I love watching the makeup/beauty gurus on YouTube. They have such amazing ideas. M & I are big movie people – his guilty pleasure is to head to the movies for the afternoon. And every morning I go for a run. Running has become my safe haven. Life gets kind of crazy and my quiet time in the morning has really become a solace for me.
7. If you were stuck on a deserted island, which books would you bring with you?
Ooh, desert island books! This question reminds me of that episode in The Office…
1. Harry Potter (the whole series!)
2. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
3. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
4. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
8. If you were stuck in some dangerous situation (like a fire, a sinking ship, a warzone), which book boy or girl would you want to come save you?
or Harry Potter…
…or Eve Dallas…
Shoot. This is hard.
9. You’re attending a party with your friends. Suddenly, the DJ changes the song and it’s YOUR song – what song would that be?
I can’t help it – I love this song. It makes me feel better after a rough day at work and even when life has its ups and downs, it reminds me things will get better.
Plus, the video makes me smile.
10. What three movies would you love to have your favorite author write into books, or vice versa?
I would love for J.K. Rowling to write Downtown Abbey into a book. It isn’t really a movie, but I think her writing style would really suit that particular world! I would also love if she wrote books for Nine to Five and American Hustle!
Be sure to check out the interviews & posts from everyone participating in the Love-A-Thon this year! Thanks for coming by & stay tuned: my first mini challenge will be up soon!