Summer is in full force in Northern California this year! We’re hitting our second big heat wave of the summer (read: temps over 100 degrees for multiple days in a row. Yikes!), which means there’s nothing better for me than to hunker down with a pile of books. Here’s what I’ve been checking out this month:
July 2017 reviews:
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber ★★★★★
- Echoes in Death by J.D. Robb ★★★★★
- The Book Jumper by Mechthild Gläser ★★
- Nobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth Phillips ★★★★
And the books I read in July 2017 but haven’t yet posted on:
- A Court of Mists and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
- Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas
- Ghostland: An American History in Haunted Places by Colin Dickey
- On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King
A Court of Mists and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
I’m hooked on:
- Joy the Baker’s Over Easy. Best. Pancakes. Ever.
- Tana French‘s novels in audiobooks. Listening to the lilting Irish accents describe grisly murders and police procedures make sitting in traffic so much more enjoyable.
- The Tide time management app. I use it for work, writing, blogging – it’s amazing what you can do in 25 minutes!
- Shakespeare in the Park. Mom and M bought me tickets to the local Shakespeare in the Park festival! We caught the closing show of The Comedy of Errors last weekend. The perfect way to spend a beautiful summer evening.