I have to admit I was in a major rut this month. A lot of the books I picked up just didn’t appeal to me and ended up making a lot of trips to the library on the hunt for new books. So, after it all, I’ve made a decision: I’m not making a blog calendar for August. If I like the book, I’ll keep going. If I don’t, well, back to the library it goes.
Not having a plan is strangely liberating but a little weird for me: I always have a plan. I have an OCD-level of organization for mostly everything. Even our pantry. It’s weird, I know. Throwing it away for a month is almost like…vacation?
THE GREAT REVIEW LIST
Heroes Are My Weakness by Susan Elizabeth Phillips (not shown)
A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
“The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor” by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
The Accidental Empress by Allison Pataki
Luistania: Triumph, Tragedy, and the End of the Edwardian Era by Greg King and Penny Wilson
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
“The Warrior” by Jim Butcher
D is for Deadbeat by Sue Grafton
Madison’s Song by Christine Amsden
The Hunt for the Red October by Tom Clancy
Fast Track by Julie Garwood
BITS AND PIECES
- Time to catch up and have some coffee!
- I haven’t read these top ten wildly popular books: are there any on this list you think I should read?
- Need a new historical fiction novel? Try this list to find your new favorite!
- Summertime means Mark Twain! Check out the latest feature on The Canon, featuring one of America’s favorite writers.
- My favorite bookish and non-bookish links from July!